Exercising During Pregnancy
Benefits of exercise during pregnancy
- Helping your body adapt not just to weight gain as your baby grows, but also to the changing shape of your body
- Assisting gravity to get your baby in the right position ready for labour
- Some evidence suggests that women who are active are less likely to have problems in later pregnancy
Strengthens you to better cope during labour
What kinds of exercises are safe during pregnancy?
- Running Sports
Exercises to avoid during pregnancy
- Contact sports, particularly if there is a risk of impact
- Exercising at altitudes higher at 2,500m above sea level
- Lying down (with your back flat on the ground) for long periods. This is especially important after 16 weeks)
Pregnancy exercises (solo workouts)
- Cat/cow exercises
- Pelvic tilt exercises
- Pelvic floor exercises
Should you go to the gym every day?
When you start hitting the gym, you get that addictive rush of endorphins. Soon you find yourself itching to exercise even on your rest days. While we love seeing you at our gyms, respecting your body and doing what you can to keep it strong and...
What Equipment Is Needed For Yoga?
- HEALTH & WELLBEING
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY!Whether you’re a tried and tested yogi or have always wanted to give it a go, today is a wonderful day to hop on your mat. Five reasons people love yogaWith 60 million yoga-related posts trending on Instagram every...
The Best Exercises For Your Legs
As gyms are now fully reopened and summer is finally here, it is now that time to fully focus on exercising and maintaining a healthy diet. As well as eating the appropriate foods, your gym routine is vital if you are looking to tone certain areas of...