Exercising During Pregnancy
Benefits of exercise during pregnancy
- Helping your body adapt not just to weight gain as your baby grows, but also to the changing shape of your body
- Assisting gravity to get your baby in the right position ready for labour
- Some evidence suggests that women who are active are less likely to have problems in later pregnancy
Strengthens you to better cope during labour
What kinds of exercises are safe during pregnancy?
- Running Sports
Exercises to avoid during pregnancy
- Contact sports, particularly if there is a risk of impact
- Exercising at altitudes higher at 2,500m above sea level
- Lying down (with your back flat on the ground) for long periods. This is especially important after 16 weeks)
Pregnancy exercises (solo workouts)
- Cat/cow exercises
- Pelvic tilt exercises
- Pelvic floor exercises
Your Gym Welcome Pack
- HEALTH & WELLBEING
A little over a year since the UK’s first lockdown, and we are beginning to see restrictions lift following the third lockdown. It’s been a hard and heartbreaking time, with all of us being away from loved ones for so long.We hope that restrictio...
Everything you need to know about muscle fatigue
At the beginning of a workout session, whether at home or the gym, you will feel full of energy; you're smashing it and feel like you could keep going for hours. But then, as the session goes on, you start to feel more tired and weaker than when you ...
3 Tips for Peak Gym Performance
You may have a goal in mind that you are working towards at the gym. While how you workout plays an important role in achieving your goals, they are many other factors that you might want to consider.So you've managed to get your gym routine down and...