Exercising During Pregnancy
Benefits of exercise during pregnancy
- Helping your body adapt not just to weight gain as your baby grows, but also to the changing shape of your body
- Assisting gravity to get your baby in the right position ready for labour
- Some evidence suggests that women who are active are less likely to have problems in later pregnancy
Strengthens you to better cope during labour
What kinds of exercises are safe during pregnancy?
- Running Sports
Exercises to avoid during pregnancy
- Contact sports, particularly if there is a risk of impact
- Exercising at altitudes higher at 2,500m above sea level
- Lying down (with your back flat on the ground) for long periods. This is especially important after 16 weeks)
Pregnancy exercises (solo workouts)
- Cat/cow exercises
- Pelvic tilt exercises
- Pelvic floor exercises
How To Get A Six Pack
What do Zac Efron, Justin Bieber and Jennifer Lopez all have in common? Yes, lots of money. Yes, worldwide fame. Yes, they can all sing. But, they are also fanatical about maintaining their killer abs too. But how do they do it? And can you do it too...
4 Differences Between a Powerlifter & Bodybuilder
If you were asked to name the biggest and strongest men on the planet, names like Eddie Hall, Brian Siders, Ronnie Coleman and (if you are of a certain age) Arnold Schwarzenegger probably come to mind. These are all strong men, with big muscles; but ...
Post-Pregnancy Exercise - Your Questions Answered
For those who were avid gym-goers before and during your pregnancy, chances are you are itching to get back on the treadmill. Even if you weren’t a fan of the gym before pregnancy, you might be thinking about joining postpartum. Exercising after pr...